SNODGRASS means Smooth Grass

SNODGRASS means Smooth Grass
This is our family's journey as we "walk" through life together...

Two Shall Become One

Two Shall Become One
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. -Genesis 2:24

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Some 'Mommy & Daddy' Time...

A weekend to remember...

That is the name of the retreat Scott and I went on this past weekend. It's sponsored by Family Life. Since we first married, we talked about doing a retreat or something every year to 'work on our marriage'. Afterall, it truly is work - something you constantly have to be aware of and not take for granted. Well, after 4 years, Scott signed us up for one! Great timing with baby Snodgrass #2 coming in less than 3 months now! He knows of a couple that are in their 50's? - wonderful Christian couple - that seem to have a 'perfect' marriage and they go to this retreat every year. Something to ponder on. I love it. I think it is awesome and seeing them at work, showing love thru example is such a reminder and testament that we really do need to be proactive in our marriages.

The retreat was in Branson. I have been in MO my entire life and have never been to Branson! Didn't see too much of it this time, but a little and it was very nice. Stayed in a hotel right by the landing area and we were able to walk everywhere. That was definitely a treat!

Throughout the weekend, we covered many subjects - why marriages end, our roles as husband and wife, what God has called us to be, what our individual needs are as males/females and the legacy we are leaving for our children (good or bad, we are leaving one).

The alone time was special - just us, no distractions, technology-free weekend (something we decided on prior to the weekend). You forget the enjoyment you have with quality alone time with your spouse. We had homework to do - LOL! As if? Ha! It was all good though - Saturday we had to write a letter to our spouse and that evening on our date night, we were to share our letters. Scott found a Mediterranean place to eat - so thoughtful - we got to eat Greek! Sharing our letters was a beautiful time. Saying things to one another that we often think or feel, but seldom ever say. Noticing things we need to commit to and work on to grow stronger.

I left feeling very thankful for Scott - the husband he is to me, the father he is to our child (ren, almost). :) And, the Godly man God has and continues to mold him into. One thing I love most about my husband is seeing him in the wee early mornings, lamp on, coffee in one hand and Bible in the other. That is a picture of a man I love for so many reasons. We both are 'works in progress', but we know God is beside us, leading us, showing us the next step to take in this life....as we work to grow stronger as husband and wife.

So thankful for my teammate. I pray my children will be so blessed with their future spouses as I have been with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment