SEATTLE BOUND!!!
We went on our first family vacation! The first of many, I hope! We have some dear friends that live in the Seattle area, The Oldelehr's! They have asked us to come to visit and we finally took them up on their offer. Boy, are we glad we did! Never did I realize how much there was to see and do in Washington. What a beautiful state! Where to begin? We got there Saturday evening and Marcus & Lindsey had dinner waiting for us. How sweet is that? Just hung out that night with a little wine, I believe. :)
Sunday morning we went to Mars Hill Church. Well known to us because the founding pastor there is also the founder of Acts 29 which was a big part of the start of our church, Matthias Lot. Great service. Great way to start our vaca! Afterwards, Scott & I went to Ballard Locks. It is where the Washington Lake & Puget Sound are connected. Very cool how they pull a boat in and raise or lower it to the other side. Lindsey & Marcus offered to watch Adeline. They took a walk to the park in a wagon...so cute! She had a great time. I loved how quickly Addy warmed up to them. She can tell a 'mama & a dada' when she sees one. ;)
Later that day, Marcus & Scott went golfing while me & Lindsey took the kids to the beach. Adeline's first time. She is such an 'observer'. I love that about her. She loved it and finally we had to leave because she kept wanting to get in the water and it was COLD!!!
Loving the sand! Miss Syd didn't want to get her dress wet! 2 cute!
BATH TIME - too much sand in every place you can imagine! Yes, they ate it too! :)
Monday, we took the ferry to Kingston. It was a short ferry, but so fun. Just love looking at all the sail boats...a beautiful site.


Tuesday, we were feeling a bit under the weather, but Scott, Addy & I ventured out to do the DUCK TOUR. It was a great way for us to see a little of Seattle - by bus & boat! A little chilly, but we bundled up.
Just the 3 of us on the bus! :)
The house from 'Sleepless In Seattle' with Meg Ryan & Tom Hanks (I love Tom Hanks!). The Space Needle up close and from the water. Great city view from the boat!
Pike Place Market - got to see the fish thrown! Picked up some yummy fresh bread for dinner. Of course we had to go to the Original Starbuck's! Scott got me drinking coffee when we met, now we both have it EVERY morning and we love it! Addy & daddy on the tram (public transportation). Such a fun day!!!
Finished the day with a long walk in downtown Edmonds - such a cute town!
Wednesday - another adventure. Drove to Whidbey Island - down thru Deception Pass. See the bridge in the background of the pic above? We drove over that. So cool. The view was beautiful. Then to Deception Pass Park for a little stroll. Stopped at Langley (a little town on the island) and who would have guessed that we found the one Greek restuarant? It was yummy! Brought home baklava to share with everyone for dinner. Did I mention Lindsey & Marcus are making us a wonderful dinner EVERY night? We were spoiled! And yes, we did love it!
Is this the cutest site ever or what? LUV them!!!
Old school high chair @ the Greek cafe' in Langley.
Hanging out eating breakfast. Did I mention Lindsey also made wonderful breakfasts??? :) The BEST hosts EVER - we are so blessed to them in our lives!
Thursday - Lindsey & I took a run in the morning. The guys golfed again. And Lindsey & I got massages, did a little shopping in a cute area. Then grabbed some yummy yogurt for our drive home. That night, the 4 of us went to dinner after the kiddos went down for bed @ Anthony's. We had halibut & salmon. It was fresh & it was delicious! I have seen better hair days, but whateve... :)
Friday - adult day!
Little Si - gorgeous hike.
Snoqualmie Falls - beautiful! Only had a few minutes there - we were in a hurry to get to the wineries! LOL. But, before the wineries, we had lunch @ Red Rock Brewery. Got a taster of their beers - good times! Unfortnately, no time to go home & look cute for the wineries. We had to make the most of our time and go straight there from our hike. Honestly, after we were there - we didn't care either!
Chateau Sainte Michelle
J & M Winery (John & Margaret)
Januik (3 & done...) FuN TiMeS @ the wineries!!!
All good things must come to an end. As much as we didn't want it to, I am sure the Oldelehr's were glad to have their home back! We loved our trip so much & loved having SO much time to spend with Marcus, Lindsey, Sydney & Dane. We love & miss you guys already!...plane ride home.





































No comments:
Post a Comment