These pics have nothing to do with this blog post, but I had to share a couple recents pics of our sweet - growing little girl!
This was at our church's 5 year birthday celebration. Someone had a puppy next door. Addy went right up to the dog - it was so cute. No puppies at our house, so she had to get her 'fix' elsewhere. ;-)
Ok, so I am torn, I won't lie...
Scott has been looking for full time work ever since he completed his dual masters this past April. The economy is not the best right now and unemployement is at an all time high, so to say the least - it hasn't been that easy. Months go by and nothing and then what do you know - two job offers at the same time! Of course. God gave Scott an option to choose and he did. It's funny how God works sometimes. I think we both learned a bit of patience throughout this journey.
Scott will be going to Bridgeway to be the Supervisor/Family Therapist of a brand new program. He will be working with adolescents struggling with substance abuse. This will be a unique opportunity in so many ways. Most of all, I am excited to see how God will work through Scott to help the lives of so many others. I am a very proud bride!
So, why am I torn? Well, because Addy will be losing her daddy. Not completely, but for the past 17 months (the first 17 months of Adeline's life), her daddy has been right by her side. Every day - all day. What a special bond the two of them share. One that I am so very thankful for and one that I know that will last a lifetime.
When Scott starts his new position on September 13th, Adeline will start Cambridge School. Both Scott and I are excited about the opportunities for her there too. She definitely will love having all the other children around to play with and spend her day. The school looks great and has a great curriculum. I know she will be well cared for, but it won't be the same unconditional loving care she got from her daddy.
A new chapter in our life begins very soon. BUT...before then, we will get to share a wonderful week with our dear friends in Seattle. What a great way to spend this time together before the change begins...



Georgia, that's really neat that she got to spend that time with him! That doesn't happen very often. And it's so awesome that Scott got a job. What a blessing! But even good changes can be stressful, so I will pray that all goes smoothly for the three of you!
ReplyDelete