
It seems impossible that a year has already flown by, yet it has. Our beautiful baby girl is growing up right before our eyes. I want to slow down time, but it moves on regardless. So, what better way to have some fun than to celebrate Addy turning ONE!
We also did a time capsule. I saw this online and thought it was such a great idea! So everyone brought different things to put in it - like a Now CD with the latest music, People magazines, pics of today and my brother, Nick, got her a Barrack Obama DVD. We sealed it up and plan to give it to her when she turns 21. She can see how crazy the world 'was in 2010'. :)
Other than that, I just decided to put together a little board with pics from Adeline's birth up to the birthday to show how much she has changed in one year and I made a special poem for her (that is now in her bedroom).
I made brunch for everyone...chicken salad/egg salad with croissants, quiche, fruit, veggies, appetizers. And 'gold fish' for the kiddos. ;-) We also did a cupcake decorating station - it was a hit with the little ones! So easy to do too!
Cake time: My sister got Adeline a monogramed bib, so we stripped her down and got ready for the 'fun'. I don't think she really understood why everyone was staring at her. She's so dainty. One of the chocolate sprinkles fell off at first and she gently picked that up and ate it. She stuck her finger in the icing and took a little bite. After a few licks, she really just wanted to play and play she did. Digging her hands in the cake and then clapping so the cake flew everywhere. Of course we didn't care...it was very cute. Had to throw her in the bath afterwards!
Adeline was spoiled with LOTS of gifts, clothes and $ for her college fund. We are SO thankful for our family and friends! God has blessed us beyond words with our precious, sweet Adeline. We love you - happy 1st birthday baby girl!!!






















Love the pics!! ;-)
ReplyDelete