'I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine.'
Song of Solomon 6:3
Scott proposed to me on October 27, 2006. I sold my house that day (we were trying to sell it so we could look for something together) & the Cardinals won the World Series! Scott got tickets for Josh Kelley and Five for Fighting @ The Pageant in STL (The Loop). It's a great place for a concert. Scott loves Josh Kelley and me, well, I love them both. :) Amazing singers! We were at my house and I was getting ready for the concert in my bathroom. Scott was sitting on my bed and said he wanted to share something with me. He began to quote Corinthians (the Love chapter that I had marked in his Bible that I just bought him for his b-day about a week earlier). After he was done reading he came to the door way of the bathroom and paused. I could tell by the look on his face through the mirror that he was not his normal self. I turned around and right then, right there - he got down on one knee and proposed. My heart melted. It was the sweetest thing ever and that memory is forever etched into my mind.
I prayed God would send me a strong Christian leader to guide my (hopefully soon to be) family. God was faithful and sent me someone wonderful. Scott Bradley Thomas Snodgrass...my forever love. We ended up watching the Cards win in the bar area of the Pageant along with a ton of other people crammed in there. It was an awesome day!
That following Spring, a wedding was planned. We wed on May 26, 2007 @ Jen & Neal Tiller's back yard. It was a beautiful ceremony and I could not have asked for more. Our family and closest friends were there (except Marcus & Lindsey who were expecting at the time). Marc Sikma, our pastor, married us. The wedding was in the afternoon and a dinner reception immediately followed in Jen's newly renovated basement. It was beautiful. Friends from our church helped with the meal, cake, decorations. God truly blessed us that day with so many thoughtful people in our lives to help make the day perfect. But most of all, he united us as husband and wife. The Snodgrass family began that day...

No comments:
Post a Comment