I am Greek and I have always desired to go to Greece. I was fortunate enough to be able to bag pack through Europe with one of my besties (aka: best friends), Jen, after graduating college. I loved it and longed to go back. Well, I did. Scott and I went on a Mediterranean Cruise for our honeymoon in July of 2007.
Amazing. Beautiful. Exhilarating. Wonderful.
As you can see, too many words to describe it. We flew to Rome to spend a couple days there before catching the cruise. Went to the Colosseum, Vatican, Trevi Fountain, the Panteon, Spanish Steps. We did it right. We loved every minute of it (above is a pic of us on the cruise ship).
Took a cruise to Mikonos, Greece (beautiful tiny island with churches & windmills).
Then to Santorini, Greece (sits on top of a huge cliff landscaped with quaint churches with blue bubble roofs).
Off to Istanbul, Turkey (massive masques and beautiful mosaic Christian churches).
Ephesus, Turkey (home of the Virgin Mary, John the Apostle's tomb & where Paul was in prison from Biblical times).
Next, Rhodes Greece (an enormous castle surrounded by a stone wall to ward off intruders many many years ago).
Athens, Greece (home of the Original Olympics, the Parthenon).
Lastly, Naples, Italy (took a day trip to the Amalfi coast - breath taking views & historical Pompeii). We were in awe. So much beauty, so much history surrounding us every place we went. I feel so fortunate to be able to have shared this experience with Scott.
















No comments:
Post a Comment