We began this part of our journey in January of 2008. My doctor knew we wanted to be proactive, he understood that I felt my age was a factor and although he didn't think it was a big deal, he did agree to be proactive too. After a few months of 'trying' (such a strange word to actually use, but no other word to use at the same time), we got a little help from the OB...progesterone and clomid. And then what we call the magical drug, HCG injection. After that, we got pregnant!
It took approximately 7 months. And, initially, we didn't even know we were pregnant. I, had a trip planned to NYC with Jen to see The Police in concert @ Madison Square Garden in August 2008. Had an amazing time! Came home, got sick (actually vice versa, but felt worse after coming home), went to the doctor for some meds. She said she wanted to take a pregnancy test to be on the safe side and it came back positive. WOW!!! Honestly, I was not thinking that. After a hand full of months of nada...I just started to think that 'it may not happen'. I can recall feeling very sad at times, crying even...wondering if I was going to one of the statistics (to not have a child on my own). So, when the doctor said that, I was surprised...PLEASANTLY surprised.
I remember calling Scott after leaving the dr. and told him that he may want to sit down. He got very anxious, thinking I was going to tell him something was wrong with me. When I told him we were pregnant, he didn't believe it. He told me to come home and take another pregnancy test. And honestly, I was having a hard time believing it too. I did just that - came home and took another test...POSITIVE! I called my sister (who happened to start screaming with excitement on the phone) and reassured me that if two tests came back positive, then I really was pregnant.
God blessed us yet again----this time, with the best gift ever!!!
One last, but very important note to mention...the 'Circle of Life' is a term that rings true for us. The same month that we finally got pregnant was the same month that Scott lost someone very special in his life, his Grandfather Leivian (better known as Popo to Scott). He fought the good fight and made his final resting place with our Lord in Heaven as stated in God's word in 1 Timothy 6:12 (and also read to Popo by Scott during his last days with us). I am fortunate to have met this wonderful man. He will always have a special place in our hearts.










No comments:
Post a Comment