I will say this though, there were definitely some amazing moments being pregnant too. Knowing my body was preparing for another baby to be born. Feeling our baby move inside me. Watching Scott put his hand on my belly and also feeling our baby move. Going to the doctor and seeing your tiny heart beat at only 6 weeks old. How is that possible? Amazing. Actually, a miracle. A miracle ordained by God and we were blessed to have lived it.
It was a Thursday night and I started having some sporadic contractions. Nothing really, but I opted to go to bed early that night (just in case). I woke up about 10:45pm having to go to the restroom. Well, my water broke. I wasn't expecting that! Scott and I went into the living room and he started to time my contractions. They were consistent and continued to get closer together. After about 45 minutes, he said 'lets go'. And off we were to the hospital. I called my sister (Aunt Renee) to let her know and sent out a few texts to some friends to pray for us. One text I will always remember was from Maureen Ragsdale who said 'savor the moment, this is the last time it will only be you and Scott'. It brings tears to my eyes as I write this now. How true that was - life was about to change - in the most wonderful way.
We got to the hospital and got checked - only dialated a 4, are you kidding me? They were basically right on. I was progressing about 1 cm each hour. The pain was out of this world and continued to get worse. It was my hope to go natural - no drugs. Who was I kidding? I held out til about 3:30am and then said enough is enough. Scott, I think, was relieved. With me in so much pain, we were both in pain. The epidural couldn't have came fast enough (unfortunately they had to do it twice because the first one didn't work properly---ugh!). Life was good after that. No more pain. Our friend, Jen, joined us in the hospital and was a good team mate for Scott (as I was a bit out of it after the drugs kicked in). About 7am the nurses had my doctor come and it was time to push. I only had to push for about a half hour. Dr. Brown delivered you with Nurse Vicky by his side. They were great! You came out with the cord wrapped around you a bit. Dr. Brown had Scott cut the cord. The nurses started to suction stuff out of you. You didn't really cry at first. Scott (daddy) was nervous, but you were just fine. They put you on my chest and my heart melted (note: second time my heart melted after meeting Scott).
Hospital Pics:






















No comments:
Post a Comment