Fast forward to Summer of 2014.
Adeline, out of the blue, asks me when can she audition to be in The Nutcracker. WOW...she remembered!
I checked into the details and we made a date to audition.
Scott and I both had multiple conversations with Adeline...that everyone doesn't always make it, that's why it is called an audition. And that is OK. That she was doing the brave part and that is auditioning no matter the outcome. She said she understood.
Well, what do you know...she got the part of the BUTTERFLY. Small, but mighty part. ;)
Several rehearsals later and performance week was on its way.
WOWZA.
Dropping the girls off for the first evening! Elle & Addy...all smiles!
That is how I would describe performance week. From Wed - Sun, we barely saw Adeline. The Missouri Ballet Company "owned" her. ;)
She was a little trooper. Getting up early. Staying late. Doing what it takes with little complaint. ;)
She was the most beautiful little green butterfly. And we could not have been more proud.
Last night...still all smiles! WTG GIRLS! :D


No comments:
Post a Comment