Look at that SMILE!
G didn't know what hit him. Riding the bus, that is. The first day seemed to go OK as I think he really just wasn't sure of things, but the days to follow were OH. SO. HARD.
He was scared. This was something so very different for him. He would get on the bus in tears and I would be standing in the drive way in tears. I wanted to bad to just grab him and take him off the bus and drive him to school myself, but...
This was a time of learning. For Graham and for Mama. I knew the bus driver and assistant were super sweet and were looking out for him. I knew he was in good care. It was up to Graham to realize it was OK too. And he did...after about a week of heartache...on both of us. The driver brought in a little toy that played music and lit up and people, that is all it took. Now why didn't I think of that??? ;) Honestly, I am just grateful that someone did. See, the driver truly is looking out for my little guy.
And he is off too...

No comments:
Post a Comment