SNODGRASS means Smooth Grass

SNODGRASS means Smooth Grass
This is our family's journey as we "walk" through life together...

Two Shall Become One

Two Shall Become One
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. -Genesis 2:24

Friday, August 10, 2012

Wrigley Field!!!

After a VERY long 6+ weeks of dealing with some medical issues with our little guy (to be mentioned in another post), we got some good news and made a last minute decision to go to Chicago for a little weekend get-a-way.


We had this weekend planned for a while - a post celebration to our 5 year anniversary. We were going with the Tiller's and meeting my sister and Chuck in Chi-town!


A wonderful dinner at Bin 36 on Friday night then on to the Red Head Piano Bar for a little more fun.

Saturday, up early with a yummy breakfast @ The Luxe then off to the game! The CubbyBear before and after (of course). Delicious Chicago-style pizza for dinner and we called it a night.

Wrigley Field was awesome, by the way. Loved seeing the Cards play there (even if we lost). :)

Wow...

You never realize how much you need to get a way, until you

JUST.GET.A.WAY.

Thankful.
Joyful.
Happy.

Just a few words to describe how I felt.

We get married and then...

Well, then a LOT happens. Including career changes, having children, life ups and downs. Medical concerns (aka: scares). And then some.

During the day to day shuffle (or grind as I typically call it), our spouses can be the ones we lean on less. The ones that we give less grace to. The ones that don't feel the love that we know we have for them inside of us. It gets worn down throughout the day. Or should I say, WE get worn down. We come home after a day of work and our brains can be a bit like mush, not to mention our energy levels. The ones we care for the most can sometimes get the least of us. That makes me sad writing that right now, but I have to be honest. Ok, no I really don't have to be honest, but I want to.

Hence, the importance of always taking time for one another. It isn't always easy. Life stuff can always get in the way, but...

We.Have.To.

More importantly,

We.Need.To.

I love my husband with all of my heart. There is no doubt in my mind that God picked him out just for me. He is the only person on this earth that I want to have by my side to suffer with amongst the trials of this life. Because there will be trials. There have been trials and there will be more. I am blessed to have a man that pursues the cross. Who knows who is Savior is and prays for his family, who prays for me. THAT, my friends, is what sustains us. We, in our earthly beings, minds, thoughts and feelings are unable to love and remain strong in our marriage on our own accord. Only Jesus. 

Thankful for the grace He gives me daily and it is my prayer that I can show that Grace, that Love to my husband every day as well (no matter how worn down I might be).

Happy Anniversary...(one more time).


No comments:

Post a Comment