SNODGRASS means Smooth Grass

SNODGRASS means Smooth Grass
This is our family's journey as we "walk" through life together...

Two Shall Become One

Two Shall Become One
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. -Genesis 2:24

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Graham turns 1!!!


Our baby boy turned 1. Yes, so I am just a little late doing this post, but here it is...finally. Truth be told, we have had a bit on our plates lately and I also just got his adorable pics back from our photographer (friend) that took them at his party.

The cake...(and cup cakes, of course)...

The cake topper...
And adorable monogram...

I have to admit, mama went a little 'bigger & better' for G's first birthday than she did for Ad's, but I couldn't help myself. It was easy to get a bit carried away. :)
Pics of mama & dada on their 1st birthdays...
My sweet friend, Penni, made the adorable invites. I decided to go with a Vintage Airplane party - with lots of red and baby blue! Got some amazing decorations from a girl I found on Etsy for Adeline's 1st b-day. With the help of my niece, Lauren, for a few additional decorations and my sister, Renee, who helped with the party favors. And last, but defintely not least, my sister-in-law, Heather, who was an absolute God-send...we were set to have ONE FAB PARTY!

The party table...
Monthly pics of our lil' man from birth - 11 months...
Cupcake toppers...
 The party hat...
Graham's sweet bib his Aunt Nae got for him...
And his decorated birthday high chair...
 
Oh and it helps that you learn a little from every party you do. This time, mama was NOT making any food! Fortunately, I know of a wonderful, local bbq place, Charlotte's Rib, that everyone loved!

Lunch is served...


Our little man, Graham, was in great spirits that day! Being passed around from one family member to the next. No one can get enough of that precious boy!

 Party favors...

Cupcake decorating station...

 The finished product (she loves purple!)...
The birthday boy...





It was so good to see so many of our family and friends at the party. It was definitely a day of CELEBRATING! Celebrating the many accomplishments G has done during his first year of life, but most of all, celebrating the joy he has brought to all of us. Indescribable joy...

Almost forgot the door sign...
We wondered what he would do when he got his smash cake. I am guessing I could have picked a less 'stand out' color, but who cares right? We got blue icing everywhere and all we could do was smile.

Is he awesome, or what???

Since Graham isn't so into opening gifts just yet - his sister had lots of fun doing this on his behalf. Toy, clothes and gifts galore!!! ;)












It was a day to remember...


We sure do love this little boy to pieces (and so does his sister)! 
Happy birthday sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment