--Me & My beautiful sister--
Each year, mama tries to get herself motivated and do a half-marathon. Sometimes, even 2! Why do I run, you ask? Well, there are multiple reasons, but let me just share a few... First, I need something to keep my booty motivated! I am getting older (I know, it's hard to believe), and this metabolism is NOT speeding up. Darn it! ;) Second, it helps me clear my head. My mind can go on overload a little more often that I would like. Running helps to keep this in check. I need a release, my mind is begging me for it actually. :) Third, I can get a weekend with my girlfriends (and this year my sister too)! Oh yes, many of you are thinking this is probably the ONLY reason Georgia really runs. And to that, I will not argue. ;)
This year it was Louisville, KY! Never been, but glad we checked it out. The run was very pretty - running through some very old neighborhoods. Saw the Louisville Slugger museum and best of all, Churhill downs. We got to run thru it! A lot of history there - I love that. Running, just looking around, soaking it all in. There were horses practicing. Ohhhh...to be there for the actual Derby!
Mama was nursing a hamstring injury, but was able to muster thru it! Not the best time, but it will do. These days, running isn't about time - it's running because I can. I am fortunate for that - what we take for granted....yes, even running.
And we can't forget a night out with the girls! Dancing and fun all-around!!! :D
A big thank you to my sweet hubby for holding the fort down & taking great care of our kiddos so mama could get a weekend away.
Btw, who in the heck is that guy in the background (above)? We, honestly, have no idea, but had a good laugh the next day looking at this photo!


No comments:
Post a Comment