SNODGRASS means Smooth Grass

SNODGRASS means Smooth Grass
This is our family's journey as we "walk" through life together...

Two Shall Become One

Two Shall Become One
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. -Genesis 2:24

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Graham Thomas Snodgrass......has arrived!

They say your second child's labor comes faster.....yes, I can definitely agree with that. Sitting at work around 11am thinking, 'didn't I just have a contraction? - maybe I should start timing them'. So, I did and they were rather regular. So, I opted to be proactive and leave work at noon. My sweet co-workers, Kathy and Joan assisted me in picking up Adeline and coming home. Scott and my niece Lauren met us at the house. Lauren watched Ads while Scott and I headed to the hospital. This labor had been very similar to the progression of Adeline's up until this day. My water didn't break like it did before, so I kept second guessing myself as to if I was truly in labor. My sister hopped on a plane from Nashville to try to make it for the birth, but this little guy was ready to come SOON! We got to the hospital and the doctor said I was dialated 7cm and 100% effaced. OMG! No other words to describe it. I knew those contractions were hurting and so should they have been! Unfortunately, the hospital was having a system glitch and couldn't get me in the system which delayed things. Before much longer, probably minutes, my pain went from bad to 'someone please make this stop NOW'. At that time I asked for an epidural. By the time they were finally able to give it to me, I was at a 9-10. I know some of you are probably thinking, why even get the epidural at that point. Well, let me just say, all I could think about is 'would someone just cut my head off the pain was unreal!' And the epidural actually helped. It didn't slow anything as I was already too far along, but it allowed me to actually enjoy the birth of my sweet baby boy. We arrived at St. Joseph Hospital at 1:30pm and Graham made his arrival at 3:20pm weighing 7lbs 14oz, 20 inches long.
He's been such a sweet baby. Rarely cries....at least so far during his first few weeks of life! :)
It is amazing how you love SO much and SO unconditionally in an instant. It happens once and you cannot imagine it happening again....and then it does. It's magical. Children are a blessing, perfectly created by our Heavenly Father. 
Big sister, Adeline, LOVES to LOVE on her little brother. Sometimes a little too much, but it is so sweet to see her mama instincts show at such a young age. Her precious love for him is so evident....simply put, priceless. Thank you Jesus for these two beautiful gifts.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, he is sooooooo cute! Congratulations to you and your family. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete