#FortyYearsLoved
I was going to do something more "low key"...because that is Scott, afterall.
But, the more I thought about it.
The more I felt compelled to throw him a good ole' fashion party!
Don't you just love that look???
Priceless - for sure!
I mean, you ONLY turn 40 once!
So, that is exactly what I did!
Those able to make the BIG PARTY were: Scott's parents...Jan Leivian. Tom & Kim Snodgrass. Ellie Bono. Neal Tiller. Jason & Nancy Strebe. John & Carla Powderly. Matt & Maria Hawn. Jason & Jen Sarino. Doug & Kayci DuKate. Nick & Heather Damalas. Chuck & Renee Fawcett. Jeff & Liz Burzynski. Brian Osborn & Terry Dodd. Jordan & Kim Moler. Matt & Kristen Muckerman.
I tried to be strategic in nature and invite men in his life that play an instrumental role. And their significant others, of course.
Each of these men are dear to my sweet husband.
Each playing key parts in various ways.
I surprised Scott with this party. He thought we were going on a double date with the Strebe's. ;) Checking out a new place in town called "O'Fallon Brewery". We were especially looking forward to their pumpkin beer. We love trying new pumpkin beers every Fall season. It was awesome to see the look on his face. You are so loved babe...by so many. I pray you know that...
The party was a week before his birthday. I gave him this scrap book on his actual birthday. It is filled with letters from over 40 friends and family...notes of encouragement, love. And pictures from some sweet kiddos...his own, the Strebe's kids and the Fawcett's. Each piece, so personal, so sweet. I am in awe of how much love was shown. He said it was the most incredible gift he has ever received.
One final surprise up my sleeve...we went to a B&B the week after his birthday. Halcyon Spa & B&B in Augusta. An afternoon of spa treatments, a walk to the winery to listen to some music and sip some wine, a walk to the Augusta Brewery for dinner and good convo and then a short walk back to the B&B. Sleeping in the next morning...priceless~! It was wonderful. Nothing more needed to share there! ;)
Thank you Jesus, for this man. Thank you for his birth. Thank you for allowing me to live life with him every single day. You are a Good, Good Father.
Happy birthday babe...cheers to 40 more crazy years together! Wouldn't want them with anyone else...


No comments:
Post a Comment