SNODGRASS means Smooth Grass

SNODGRASS means Smooth Grass
This is our family's journey as we "walk" through life together...

Two Shall Become One

Two Shall Become One
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. -Genesis 2:24

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

This post was for yesterday.

I went to bed last night.

Just like any other night.

Only difference is last night I was 41.

Today, I am 42.

Not a big deal, right?

I guess not.

But, maybe there is a bigger deal to all of this "birthday" thing.

My husband wished me a happy birthday just as soon as our groggy heads started to wake from the fog of sleep.

Sleep….oh how I wish I could have some good, deep sleep once again.

My daughter refused to wish me a happy birthday because her dad asked her to do it.

Unfortunately, she' s just a little too much like her mama.

Nobody gonna tell her what to do if she has the power to change it.

Yes, even wishing her mama a happy birthday.

Got the kids ready for school…just like any other school day.

Went to the gym…just like my other days.

BUT.

I did get to take a shower today.

People, this is a small victory to us mamas!

AND.

I even put on make-up and fixed my hair.

I have a meeting a church tonight and am wondering if anyone will recognize me? ;)

And.

Now I know why most days I do NOT do that.

Ain't no mama got that kind of time EVERY. Single. day...

That is truth my friends.

Simply the truth.

Yes, it's my birthday.

And I am thankful to have another year of memories.

Another year filled with ups and downs.

Some smiles and some frowns.

As someone told me once...

Either you are having a birthday OR you are not.

Good point.

Happy birthday to me. ;)

Oh...and for the record...

After Adeline got home from school, she sung me happy birthday not once, but twice. 

It was on her terms. ;)

Love that girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment