It has been 2 years since Graham's diagnoses of Infantile Spasms (IS). TWO years. Sometimes it seems like we were just going thru that tornado of emotions, but thankful those days are behind us. Two years of continuing on a low dose of anti-seizure medication due to his irregular brain waves (determined by an EEG after the IS were under control).
I took him to Children's hospital at 7:45am. Graham didn't know what was in store for him. He HATES people to mess with his head/hair. Let me just say, I had to become a straight jacket to allow the tech to put on the electrodes. It was painful. G cried. A lot. He tried with all his might to break thru my body barrier. But I held him down and prayed it would end quickly. As you can see, he was NOT happy after that.
I have been longing for this day. To see how little G's brain is doing and hoping/praying we might be able to wean him from the meds. It was a VERY-LONG 30+ hours of just me and Graham confined in one room. I have to admit, there were not many smiles, although I grabbed a quick pic of one here. Mostly, G was miserable. Lots of crying. Not really eating. Not really himself. Mama was struggling, but I had several friends praying like crazy for us. And it helped. We got thru to the other side.
Daddy couldn't stay away all day. He snuck in for a quick snuggle in-between meetings. :)
And we got the BEST news we could have asked for...we get to wean G from his meds!!! We are oh-so thankful. That was a week ago today that we got the wonderful news. While the docs can't predict the future, all we have is today. And today, Graham's EEG looks good! Thank you Lord for good news. We know in this life, we don't always get the news we want or hope for...and that is ok. Well, we try and hope/pray we are ok with it when and if the time comes. Today, we praise the Lord for healing our son.


No comments:
Post a Comment