SNODGRASS means Smooth Grass

SNODGRASS means Smooth Grass
This is our family's journey as we "walk" through life together...

Two Shall Become One

Two Shall Become One
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. -Genesis 2:24

Monday, August 19, 2013

Eckert's Farm! A "must do" on our Snodgrass Bucket List for 2013!

...peach pickin', that is.

 Graham wasn't so into the picking this year. But, there is always next...
 Adeline, on the other hand looked like a little angel out there picking peaches in that orchard.
A big tractor picked us up and drove us out to the orchard. There, we could eat all the peaches we wanted as we collected a box full to take home with us (after purchasing, of course).
While I didn't mention anything to my family at the time, the serenity of being out in that orchard brought back some sweet memories for me. When I was young, probably close to Adeline's age, my family lived out in Foley, MO. In a trailer. Down a long gravel road. Across the street was a house. And the house had an orchard beside it. There were many "things" in my past that weren't so pleasant, memories I would rather not remember. Many memories I don't because they have been suppressed, somewhere deep inside. Somewhere, I don't go to often. Some, never at all. But, through a series or recent events, I jogged my memory to recall one of my earliest, happiest memories and this was one of them. I remember running around as if I was in a dream, floating. Picking fruit from trees. Eating this fruit that was an absolute delight to my taste buds. I guess at the time I truly was dreaming. Day dreaming. My heart felt happy and I am certain there was a grin on my face from ear to ear. I could pretend to be anything I wanted to be. I felt safe. Better than safe, it was surreal. And it was something no one could take from me. Something, that for me, would make a lasting mark in my life. I was thankful to be in an orchard, now at 40 years old with my family. Much different circumstances, but I think my daughter enjoyed it nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment