SNODGRASS means Smooth Grass

SNODGRASS means Smooth Grass
This is our family's journey as we "walk" through life together...

Two Shall Become One

Two Shall Become One
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. -Genesis 2:24

Sunday, March 24, 2013

World Down Syndrome Day 2013

Wow.

What a difference a year can make.

This time last year, I think I was "just" starting to embrace our new world.

This time last year was the beginning of what would be a significant turning point in our family.

God gifted us with Graham. Yes, I said 'gifted'. He truly is just that and so much more.

Our eyes have been opened to something new and that something is Down syndrome.

We are Graham's parents. We are his advocates. We have now been given the responsibility to teach others.

And so we do...

This WDSD was special for our family.

I had the privilege to read "My Friend Isabelle" to Adeline's pre-school class at Meadows Parkway (Francis Howell Early Ed). Grandma Jan came with us so that Graham could also be a part of this time. The class was filled with 3-5 year olds. They listened and answered my questions. Adeline was a very PROUD big sister standing beside her mama as I read. She told the class that I was "Miss Pam" today. LOL. And then Ads got to give her classmates candy. :)

That evening we had a huge celebration, birthday style, for the St. Charles community of families with children with Ds. Randa Kay, Kristen & I took the lead to help set up things. The event was held at my church, Matthias Lot. What a blessing that was for no cost! There were 60+ people there. Bounce house, face painting, games, pizza and cake. A wonderful way to celebrate our Graham!

I made many posts on Facebook that day. Pictures of Graham. Spreading awareness. Educating. Belwo was my final post of the night and seems like the right way to end this post...

"This mama is tuckered out! A LONG, but wonderful day celebrating 3/21. Love this new family we are a part of since the birth of Graham. Very thankful. And so very blessed..."


No comments:

Post a Comment