Another year we got to spend in Jefferson City for Easter. It's fun getting away (although we do miss going to Easter service at our home church); we sure do love spending time with family. And this weekend was no exception! We celebrated NaNa's birthday and Adeline's birthday the same weekend! LOTS going on for this family!
Adeline wanted a Dora party, so I digress.... Dora, it is! :)
It's a beautiful thing, the mind of a child. She didn't think about anything other than it was HER birthday and we go to put up Dora decorations. She didn't care who was there or who wasn't there. She didn't care what gift she got or what gift(s) she didn't get. To her, life is still SIMPLE. Life is just another day she gets to run around, learn, explore and be a kid. As it should be! What we take for granted and forget as adults...we sure can learn a lot from a little 3 year old girl.
A few decorations from Target and a cake and voila - you got one happy little girl! I want more of that in my life; maybe we all need a little more of that in our lives? I loved seeing Adeline smile from ear to ear. She enjoyed helping mommy put the decorations on the table. And she especially loved all of us singing happy birthday to her. This year was definitely different than previous years. This year, she was really into it. She had been singing happy birthday to any and everyone the weeks leading up to her big birthday. I suppose, in preparation for her own 'happy birthday' seranade. Her little cheeks got a little rosey, her head bent down just a little as she peeks up from her eyes so she can still see everyone singing to her. She loves every minute of it, although she is slightly blushing at the same time. Innocence at it's best!
And it is time to blow out the candles...
Addy is talking and doing so much. It's amazing what a year can do! She passed her 3 year old test for Parents As Teachers with flying colors! So bright! She mimics what others say, so you better be careful of what you say around her! Right now, we hear a lot of 'oh man' or 'oh my goshes' or one of my faves, 'I LOVE IT!' She will say that when she opens a gift or sees something pretty. Kinda like her mama, LOL! And she adores her little brother. He is still 'brother'. Not so sure he will ever grow out of that name. And I am not so sure I want him to as I think it's sweet. She helps, sometimes - other times, she's telling us to do it ourselves. Mama is thinking Addy needs a little more coaching in that area! ;) And there was a time recently where she fell in the foyier and hurt herself. She was crying, I picked her up and she said she wanted her brother. So I went over to him and she just wanted to hold him, to touch him, to be close to him and it made her feel better. Yes, we really can learn a lot by watching a 3 year old!
Happy 3rd birthday our sweet Adeline!
Now, before it's Easter, one must not forget to dye the Easter eggs! Bring on the egg dye!!!
Addy always loves her time with Blakey!
The Masterpiece! :)
Easter morning - we got ready for church at St. Andrew's Catholic Church. Adeline did very good sitting there the whole time! This is very different from our home church (Matthias) where she gets to go to children's church. Mama was very proud. And Graham, well, he is always so good!
It's funny to me how so many people go to church on Easter Sunday, but rarely throughout the year. Don't get me wrong, Easter Sunday is important, but it's so much more than just Easter Sunday. It's Good Friday, when Christ was sacrificed. It's last Sunday and this Sunday and the Sunday after that. And it is so much more than Sundays too, isn't it? It is my prayer that our little ones grow up to see the truth and are able to shine that truth on others. Easter, is a day of rememberance of what our Christianity is all about.
And then there are eggs! Well, if you are a kid, the eggs are important...because candy is important too, right? ;)
Love watching Ads search for eggs. This year we got to be outside since it was so nice!
Ok, maybe mama went a little overboard on the eggs. But it was so much fun! ;)
It is NEVER easy getting a good pic of all 4 of us!
Or the 4 of them! LOL!
Look at those cutie pies!
My little guy - so sweet.
Last, but not least - PaPa and Daddy painting Adeline's new bed from Great-Grandmother Snodgrass. Addy wanted purple, so I am sure I don't have to tell you what color the bed is, do I???? ;)



























No comments:
Post a Comment