SNODGRASS means Smooth Grass

SNODGRASS means Smooth Grass
This is our family's journey as we "walk" through life together...

Two Shall Become One

Two Shall Become One
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. -Genesis 2:24

Monday, January 30, 2012

A couple of weekend trips for the BIG peeps in the household. :)

Mommy & Daddy got to steal a weekend away together for San Anotone! Well, partially, that is. We went there for mama's work....annual meeting, BUT there was time for play too. And, it doesn't hurt that the meetings were really good too!
Tex Mex place for lunch - yummo!

We stayed at a hotel right along side the River Walk. It is a beautiful area. Cobblestone walk ways with restuarants, bars, etc. lining along both sides. Lots to see and do. And, we got to take a tour of the Alamo. Mama's history isn't so in tact, LOL, so it was good to be reminded what actually happened here. Crazy story actually - sad, as well. But goes to show you what men will do for what they believe in - even if it means death. Thankful women and children were spared, but I cannot imagine living like that. Sure does make me more thankful for today, where I live, the freedoms I, unfortnately, take for granted every day, and all the 'comfy' things we have at an arm's length. Which reminds me of Lot Fam yesterday when our leader, Jeff, said we live in Disney Land. He is so right, we really do live in Disney Land. We, those in the US, that is, have SO much yet are constantly seeking for more and more and more. Why is that? Is that just our human character taking over? Why do we feel we 'need' more and when we achieve that level we are still not completely satisfied? Ok, I kinda got off on a tangent here, but what can I say? I need my Savior to save me from this madness. It's so easy to get all caught up on keeping up with the Jones', that we lose sight of what truly matters. I can only pray God will keep me grounded and humbled. 

The Riverwalk

So, back to San Antonio....fun time with just the two of us. Now on to another quick weekend away...
Marriage Retreat with Matthias Lot Church @ the Cheshire in St. Louis. It was great! The hotel was completely remodeled, all old English style. The rooms were all named after an English poet, writer or play wright. Our room was Noel Coward. Never heard of before, but he put together 3 plays...rather impressive. Oh, and another important note, they had hot Kaldi's coffee available around the clock. That was super nice for us coffee lovers! ;)

It was fun getting to know some more couples at the church and just fun in general to hang out, feel relaxed, sleep in a little...you know, all the stuff you can't do with 2 kids at home. :)

Scott and I hope to do a marriage retreat each year. It didn't quite work out that way the first 3, but we have the last 2, so I give us a B for effort. :)  What better gift can we give our children, than to have a solid marriage? Based on solid ground and Biblical truths? We have our struggles, that is for sure, but one thing I know is that there is no one else in this life I would rather struggle with that with Scott.

Me and my (handsome) Man! :)


We learned a few things during this retreat...to share a small insight of the weekend...we struggle in our marriages due to the curse. The secret to overcome it is to seek HIS kingdom first. Sounds easy, right? I wish... But, it is my heart and it is my prayer.

And lastly -  a BIG should out to Granny, Grandma, NaNa & PaPa for helping us out during our weekends away. We feel so very fortunate to have wonderful grandparents for our children!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment