Well, today is Wednesday, July 28, 2010. This is actually Adeline's "2nd" time going to the Parents Day Out program. First Baptist Church of Harvester has a wonderful program. Last Wednesday was her first day and she is going 1 day/week from 9-3 right now. It got a little overlooked by her dedication being on the same day last week. As most of you know, Addy has been blessed by having her daddy stay home with her since her birth. Scott is currently looking for FT employment now that he has completed his masters, but until God sends us down a new road, he gets to pour into our daughter every day! To give daddy a little break, we opted to put Adeline in a Parents Day Out program. This way, she gets time to interact with other kids too.
Wow, what a day that was... I didn't think I would be SO emotional. Leaving for work was more difficult than usual. I felt sad knowing we were going to be dropping her off in a new place, new faces and she had no idea. It definitely got to me. I texted a good friend who also has children there and asked her to pray for me. She was so sweet, texted back immediately and started lifting up prayers! She texted me about 40 minutes later and told me she peaked in on Addy and said she was doing great. What a relief that was to hear! When Scott picked her up at the end of the day, she got excited to see him. Her teachers said she had a great day. Only cried at nap time. Can't blame her there - strange place, I would be a little nervous going to sleep too! LOL. She brought home her first craft ever. I LOVED it! Oh how I love that little girl!
This week went even better than last! Makes me feel so happy knowing she is enjoying herself! God help me be strong when the time comes for her to go full time...
A Different Kind of Love Story….
6 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment